Welcome to Somerset Bridge Nursery
Somerset Bridge Nursery is part of Somerset Bridge Primary School, although we have our own entrance and garden.
The provision consists of a large main play room, which is separated into two aged rooms, a quiet room and a kitchen area with a snack bar. Our garden has a patio, grassed area, a climbing frame area, plots for growing vegetables and plants, a Mud Kitchen, and a large covered sheltered area .
We operate a 'free-flow' system, which means that the doors are open all day. The artificial grass and sheltered areas enables us to use the garden all year round and in all weathers!
We provide a wide range of activities including sand, water, role play, music, small world, construction, books, collage, mark making, games, puzzles, cooking, Forest School, and much more. We also have access to the school, and often use the playgrounds, hall and library.
At Somerset Bridge Nursery, our team of experienced and friendly practitioners are committed to providing the highest level of care, learning and development.
We aim to:
- Create a happy, safe, secure and fun environment for all children.
- Use play to nurture curiosity, independence, confidence and a love of learning.
- Focus on the development of every child as an individual, valuing and building on their previous experiences and responding to their individual needs.
- Encourage secure and warm social relationships, so that self-esteem and respect for others develops naturally.
- Include parents and carers in the everyday routines of the nursery and the sharing of information.
We are open Monday to Friday (9.00am – 3.00pm), term-time only.
We run 2x sessions a day:
- Morning session - 9am to 12pm (without lunch)
- Afternoon session - 12pm to 3pm (with lunch - child to bring a lunchbox)
For more information, or to request a waiting list form, please contact one of the team:
Tel: 01278 452095