Somerset Bridge Nursery is attached to the school, though it has its own entrance and garden. The provision consists of a large, airy main play room which is separated into two aged rooms, a quiet room and a kitchen area with a snack bar. Our garden has a patio, grassed area, a climbing frame area, plots for growing vegetables and plants, a Mud Kitchen, and a large covered sheltered area . We operate a 'free-flow' system, which means that the doors are open all day - the artificial grass area and sheltered area enables us to use the garden all year round in all weathers!
We provide a wide range of activities including sand, water, role play, music, small world, construction, books, collage, mark making, games, puzzles, cooking, Forest School, and much more. We also have access to the school, and often use the playgrounds, hall and library.
At Somerset Bridge Nursery, our team of experienced and friendly practitioners are committed to providing the highest level of care, learning and development. We aim to:
- Create a happy, safe, secure and fun environment for all children.
- Use play to nurture curiosity, independence, confidence and a love of learning.
- Focus on the development of every child as an individual, valuing and building on their previous experiences and responding to their individual needs.
- Encourage secure and warm social relationships, so that self-esteem and respect for others develops naturally.
- Include parents and carers in the everyday routines of the nursery and the sharing of information.
Opening times are Monday – Friday, 9.00am – 3.00pm, term-time only.
The nursery also provides and Breakfast and Afterschool club for school aged children.
Breakfast Club is available 8.00am - 8.45am, and After-School Club is available 3.00pm - 6.00pm.
Pop in, send us an email email@example.com or call us on 01278 452095 for more information.